TITLE: eSCAPE – The 4 Stages of Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur
PRICE: $12.59 USD
AUDIENCE/WHO IS IT FOR? Anyone who wants to be an entrepreneur
BOOK OVERVIEW: 263 pages of entrepreneurial advice
WEBSITE/WHERE TO BUY: Amazon.com
An entrepreneur is someone who claims a problem and decides to own the process of finding a solution to that problem. And that solution creates tremendous value in the lives of others.Anik Singal
One of the main reasons why I started this blog was to help others (and myself) get to a place of more freedom and a life of much more ease. The way I see that happening for me is to be able to work from home so that I can structure my own day, be my own boss and spend time doing more of the things that I love the most.
My mission is to help as many people as possible break free from the BRULE’s (Vishen Lakhiani’s word for Bullshit Rules) that we were taught as kids. One of them being that we need to have a J-O-B (Just Over Broke) to meet our responsibilities and be a contributing member of the over taxed economy. Basically, we need a JOB to be successful and maybe even to act as the label many of us need to have status in our society.
So, on my hunt to make more money online and keep learning – I brought Anik Singal’s book ‘eSCAPE – The 4 stages of Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur.’
- eSCAPE is super easy to read. I have been following Anik for a while and I like his style. I am about 75% through one of Lurn’s courses and this is probably one of the main reasons I brought this book. I trust what he has to say – he has the authority, given that he is living proof of what can be achieved online. As a mentor goes, he is a pretty good one. Not only that, I think that his heart is truly in the right place and honestly does want to help as many people as possible to live freer and march to their own drum.
- Good balance of conscious thought and business acumen. I really like that Anik balanced eSCAPE with ‘conscious’ comments as well as sound business advice. To quote Anik, “we fail because of how we make decisions. We fail because of the internal programming we’ve been building for decades.” True enough. Overcoming limiting beliefs has got to be one of the things to beat to become a successful entrepreneur. Good advice.
- Structure. I really like the structure of eSCAPE. At the end of each chapter, Anik asks a few very pointed questions to make you think about whether entrepreneurship is really for you and/or if you have the commitment to do what needs to be done. It worked for me anyway.
- Excellent entrepreneurial advice. eSCAPE is packed full of excellent advice, case studies, ways of thinking, do’s and don’ts and the good/bad stories of past experiences – mostly how one can learn from past mistakes. One of the stories Anik talks about is about an entrepreneur that duped his competition by telling them that he only works 9-5 so that the competitor would work less hours on his own business and therefore be less of a competitor. But, as Anik says – he really meant that he starts at 5.00am and works until 9.00pm – or something along those lines. As with Anik, it was a bit of a shit trick. But, I like the story because it spoke of Anik’s genuine business ethic and the fact that you don’t have to be immoral to be a successful entrepreneur.
- eSCORE. During the book, Anik presents a quiz to take will give you your ‘eSCORE’ – which shows you how likely it is that you will succeed as an entrepreneur and which areas need more focus to help you become a successful entrepreneur. I enjoyed the quiz and got a pretty good result. In fact, the areas that I need to work on were bang on the money. The only worry I have is that others may take this quiz, not do so well and choose not to follow an entrepreneurial path because of it. But, if taken as Anik meant, the quiz will not act as a deterrent only as a guide of what to focus on. Second thought, maybe this is another Pro!
- Work long hours. One of the key messages that are kind of laced through the whole book is that to be a successful entrepreneur, you need to work long hours to get there. I have to be a bit careful here because it is clear that Anik loves what he does and it doesn’t feel like work. I believe that when we are doing what we love, nothing feels like work. But, being more focused on my spiritual side than my business side, the idea of having to trade one job for another that potentially
has long hours doesn’t thrill me and I simply don’t believe this to be true. There is too much evidence to suggest that manifesting can be instant providing you stay in flow. Take inspired action for sure but don’t get caught in the long hours – UNLESS it’s stuff you truly love doing.
This is an excellent book and one everyone who is thinking about becoming an entrepreneur should read. eSCAPE is written in honest easy to read language with excellent strategies and advice to take on and apply to your own entrepreneurial journey. I will read this book again one day and would recommend it to anyone interested in this topic.
Final word from Anik:
..if you truly want to succeed as an Entrepreneur, you need to make a daily conscious effort to…
Keep practicing…Anik Singal – eSCAPE – The 4 Stages of Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur